Job Role: Community Care Worker
Location: Belfast (East/South)
Job Type: Permanent
Pay Rate: £10.70 per hour + 21p per mile
£200 Joining Bonus
Join us between Jan 17th - Feb 17th and get a £200 joining bonus after you’ve been with us for 3 months.
Are you looking for a rewarding role in care where your work is valued?
Join our Community Care team. Clients are at the heart of everything we do. We take pride in you as a Carer as you are the backbone of our community services. We invest heavily in providing you with quality training and continuing support.
With the number of people in Northern Ireland needing domiciliary care at home continually increasing, we need people just like you to help care for these people sharing our values of Teamwork & Partnership, Quality & Best Practice, Openness & Honesty, and most importantly, Kindness, Understanding and Respect.
Why join us?
If you become a Community Care Worker for Optimum Care, here is what you get in return:
- Excellent Pay– £11.54 per hour (this is combined of your hourly rate, £10.70 per hour AND tax-free mileage we pay you)
- Enhanced Bank Holiday rates
- Paid mileage, training & induction
- Permanent contract with guaranteed hours (No zero-hour contracts)
- No upfront cost for your Access NI
- Free uniform
- Quick turnaround for interview and induction
- Career progression opportunities
- Daily support from the office team (we act on your concerns)
- Company Pension
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist with personal washing, showering, bathing/bed bathing, dressing/undressing.
- Provide refreshments and light snacks.
- Prompt and administer medication.
- Assist with practical support such as light cleaning, fire lighting, and shopping, dish-washing, laundry, cleaning and maintaining spectacles, false teeth and hearing aids.
- Assist client to move safely which may require the use of moving and handling aids such as. hoists and slide sheets.
- Provide a care sitting service to give respite to other carers such as family members.
- Encourage and promote client independence and choice, and uphold client rights and dignity.
Do you meet the Essential Criteria?
- Having a desire to care for vulnerable adults in their home
- Full driving license
- Access to a car
- Access to own mobile phone
|Day Shift:||7am – 6pm|
|Evening Shift:||6pm – 11pm|
* to provide adequate care for our clients, you should be available to complete a full shift.
If you have the desire to care for vulnerable adults in their homes helping them maintain their independence and meet the essential criteria above then we want to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunities employer.