Job Role: Domestic Assistant
Location: Aughnacloy House | Lurgan
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Pay Rate: £9.50 per hour
An opportunity has arisen to join our team at Aughnacloy House as a Domestic Assistant providing a cleaning service within the whole Home.
As a Domestic Assistant, you will be responsible for the cleanliness of the whole Home.
- Maintain high standards of efficiency and cleanliness expected within all areas of the Home and in particular their designated cleaning area.
- Ensure that all areas of the Home are cleaned using an organised schedule of work and work in other areas of the Home as requested by the Home Manager.
- Ensure the Residents ’/Patients’ confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- Ensure the Residents’/Patients’ privacy, dignity and choice is respected, therefore knock when entering bedrooms, do not clean a room if a Resident/Patient is eating in their room.
- Ensure vacant rooms are thoroughly cleaned as soon as they are vacated.
- Report all breakages or broken furniture to the Home Manager/Nurse in charge.
- Report all faulty equipment/repairs/replacements in the Maintenance book.
- Domestic cleaning experience.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work in a tidy, safe, and clean manner.
- Cleaning experience in a Care/Nursing Home Environment.
About Aughnacloy House
Aughnacloy House is a purpose-built nursing home in the centre of Lurgan. All rooms are en-suite and there are beautiful gardens and outdoor areas for residents to enjoy. In addition, there are themed areas throughout the home for therapeutic activity and treatment including a light therapy suite and also a fully equipped hairdressing salon.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The company operate a no smoking policy.