Job Role: Residential Charge
Location: Burleigh Hill House | Carrickfergus
Job Type: Permanent (Full-Time) 36 hours PW
Pay Rate: £10.60 per hour
Reports to: Home Manager
The Residential Charge will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Residential Unit, providing the necessary leadership to maintain high standards of care, safety, discipline and morale in the Residential Unit.
The aim is to provide the care to meet the individual resident’s/patient’s requirements by assessment of both strengths and problem identification, to plan and evaluate all care delivered and to create a relaxed and homely environment that maximises the individual’s opportunities for self-determination and to optimise their independence.
The Residential Charge will participate in the delivery of care throughout the Home and in conjunction with the manager, implement policies and procedures and monitor the care to ensure the defined standards and objectives are being achieved.
Burleigh Hill House operates as a collective care environment for both nursing and residential clients. It is expected that all personnel will provide care where and when required to all clients regardless of their category of care.
- Give direction to Care Assistants and actively participating in the delivery of care to patients / residents ensuring that highest possible standards are maintained.
- Give direction and direct, as necessary, Domestic and Catering Staff regarding patient/residents needs.
- Ensuring that the educational needs for all staff are communicated to the Manager.
- Communicating and co-operating with medical and paramedical staff regarding care, and treatment of patients / residents and ensuring that all treatments and instruction are carried out.
- Keeping up-to-date with new procedures and equipment and encouraging care staff to do likewise.
- Organising the admission, discharge or transfer of residents and assist Nurses with patients, ensuring that policies relating to the safe custody of patients / residents’ property are adhered to.
- Requisitioning and controlling supplies of stores, dressings, stationery etc whilst practising and encouraging economy in their use.
- Introducing prospective clients to the Home, taking appropriate details to enable follow up.
- Investigating and recording all complaints received from residents/patients and relatives in accordance with Home Policy.
- Comply with the Home Policies and Procedures.
- The Residential Charge will attend and participate in staff and operational meetings as required and attend all required training within the Home as directed.
- Any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Home Manager.
This Job Description is not meant to be definitive but is an outline of the post as it is currently perceived. We reserve the right to amend this document at any time according to business needs.
What you get in return:
- At least 6 months experience of administering medication
- Experience of completing required paperwork and working as part of a team whilst administering daily care to residents.
- Be registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- Experience working in other Nursing or Residential environments alongside other care staff preferred.
About Burleigh Hill House
Burleigh Hill House joined MD Healthcare in 2016. Situated in historic Carrickfergus, the purpose-built home has been established for over 20 years and offers both Nursing and Residential care. There are beautiful dayrooms, dining rooms and quiet areas around the home for residents along with a beautiful summer house in the garden.
We are an equal opportunities employer.