Job Role: Senior Care Assistant
Location: Beverly Lodge | Newtownards
Job Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Pay Rate: £10.09 per hour
£200 Joining Bonus
Join us as a full-time Healthcare Assistant in Beverly Lodge and get a £200 joining bonus. You will receive £100 after 3 months and a further £100 after 6 months of service. (T&Cs apply)
We are seeking Healthcare Assistants to join our nursing home Aughnacloy House, located in Lurgan. We are looking for both full-time and part-time staff, (days & nights).
About Beverly Lodge
MD Healthcare acquired the home in August 2019 and has been substantially upgraded to improve the environment for the residents. The home is a calm environment that is conducive to well-being and mood enhancement with themed areas throughout the home for therapeutic activity.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will be a core member of our team. You will work both individually and as part of the team to provide the highest standards of care to all residents within the home.
You do not need experience as full training is provided.
- Carry out a range of duties within the day-to-day programme of care planned for residents.
- Assist residents to get up in the morning, wash, dress, bath/shower and general personal hygiene.
- Assist male and female residents to use the toilet and to meet their needs in relation to incontinence management.
- Assist male and female residents with oral hygiene, (cleaning of teeth & dentures) hand and nail care, and shaving of male residents.
- Care for the residents’ spectacles, and hearing aids etc., and report any faults or damage.
- Observe for any changes to a resident’s well-being and report to Nurse in charge of that resident.
- Move and handle residents as per their individually assessed needs.
- Assist residents to bed, when required.
- Report all accidents, incidents or near misses to the Nurse in charge or the Manager.
- At times accompany residents to appointments outside the Home.
- Carry out any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Home Manager.
- Assist residents with mealtimes and to serve meals as is necessary on a tray to residents in their room and assist dependent residents to eat and drink when necessary.
- Observe and report on the dietary and fluid intake of residents.
- A desire to care for vulnerable adults
- No experience is necessary as full training is provided
- Kitchen or laundry experience in work or a voluntary setting
- Studying for or attained a care-related qualification.
- Be registered with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
- Experience within a paid Nursing Home or similar environment to include personal care experience.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We operate a no Smoking Policy.
Please Note: Applicants within the last six months need not re-apply.